2016 Motorcycle Cannonball

2016 Motorcycle Cannonball

Monday, September 3, 2018

2018 CANNONBALL: Portland to Portland

The 2 years that separate each Motorcycle Cannonball have flown by. It is hard to believe that we leave for Portland Maine in the morning. Registration is Thursday, followed by a new promotion stage on Friday, then the official start Saturday morning. Headed west.

The bike eligibility was extended to 1928 this time, but I knew I had to ride the 14 Hedstrom again. I'll be in class 2, and one of the older bikes. A Singlespeed. I did fit a front brake this time. The reoccurring issues we battled in 2016 have been addressed, and I hope solved. Time will tell. The Hedstrom era Indians have not had great success on previous Cannonballs, But maybe this is the year we get one across!

It's the challenge that brings over 100 like minded riders, from all walks of life, to the Cannonball every two years. I'm sure the organizers have put together an amazing ride, with lots of cool destinations and events, but we all know the best stuff lies in the unexpected.




Portland or Bust! (Both of Them)

No comments:

Post a Comment