2016 Motorcycle Cannonball

2016 Motorcycle Cannonball

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Stage 8

Stage 8 was a 184 mile run from Wichita to Dodge City Kansas. The roads took us the farm land of central Kansas, and was a good ride. The bike was not behaving today, with the intake seals leaking and I'm having fueling problems. I stopped twice to drain the float bowl, letting water and trash out. The air leaks on the valve domes continue to be a problem. In the old days these were sealed with asbestos, but that is hard to come by today.

I limped along with very limited power, thank goodness the roads were ere flat. I pulled into the finish at the foot of Boot Hill, barley running and proud to be there. Tomorrow is the rest day, and I'll have to get this thing running better. I'll have to get it running a lot better before Colorado.




Dodge City Kansas







Wyatt Earp old Jail



No comments:

Post a Comment